BOLDA® Column Shoe is the successor of the PEC® Column Shoe with many benefits over the predecessor model. The design of the BOLDA® Column Connection is more compact - the necessary column cross-section is smaller compared to the same design done with the PEC®. Therefore, the carbon footprint can be effectively reduced by reducing the dimensions of the structural elements. With BOLDA®, you can spend less time optimizing the structure.
The additional advantages of using BOLDA® are as follows:
- The bending resistance factor ƞd is 1.0. This means that the design, which is based on connection performance, will not yield to smaller tension design resistance.
- No overdesign in the joint level is needed to reach the targeted stiffness criteria.
- In the Joint design, friction contribution accounts for compression, arising from axial force and bending. It gives a higher friction contribution and means that there will be less combined stress for the interaction check.
- Enabled fire design.
- Shorter anchoring bars.
- Optimized supplementary reinforcement that provides a more practical installation process.
- Improved shear resistance calculation that gives higher shear resistance values at the output.
- PPM® L Anchor Bolts in combination with BOLDA® have a higher resistance to concrete cone failure as a result of being installed deeper in the concrete body.
Being ETA verified with a performance that is the best in its class, BOLDA® will bring you reliable and cost-efficient structural design.